Monday, May 14, 2012

A plethora of redheads

It seems the world is becoming rather obsessed with redheaded ladies.

Observe:


Lucille Ball



Megan Follows as Anne Shirley, 1985 version of the movie Anne of Green Gables.




Adele



Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow from the new Avengers movie.



Reba McIntyre



Merida from the new Pixar movie, Brave




Julianne Moore



Emma Stone



Lindsay Lohan



Shirley Temple 1936




Shirley Temple 2006, still a redhead



And me, but I don't really count, because no one knows who I am and I'm not famous. Still, I do have red hair. 

Wasn't that A LOT of redheads?

I know they weren't all current, but chances are you knew who most or all of them were. 

I just find this very interesting. 

And apparently 'redhead extinction' is a hoax, so it's not like red hair won't be around in 50 years or so, which people thought for a while starting in 2005. 

Once upon a time, red hair was considered extremely undesirable...even ugly. See Anne of Green Gables.

I don't know exactly what the fascination is, but maybe it's just because red hair is DIFFERENT. In a world filled with a lot of variations of brunette and blonde, red hair stands out. 

And then there's also at least three redheaded men that come to my mind...



Conan O'Brien



Shaun White (a.k.a. The Flying Tomato)



Rupert Grint


Weird. 


3 comments:

  1. I didn't know Adele was a ginger! I didn't believe you at first, so I googled it ('cause google always gives it to you straight,) and she is indeed. She also says she would never date a fellow ginger, which I find amusing.

    Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, thank you for including Rupert Grint. He is, in fact, my second favorite redhead. After you, of course <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Anna, she has also had her hair blonde AND brunette at certain points, but I've almost always seen her as a ginger. Not even Lucille Ball had natural red hair, so I was kind of just going for people who were famous FOR sporting it.

    You're welcome, Becca. I just know him as 'that one guy from Harry Potter', but he does come to my mind as a famous redheaded male. (I even had to look up what his name was...)

    Can you believe I was originally going to leave Reba out?

    ReplyDelete