Saturday, June 16, 2012

Today I realized something...

While at work today, a small miracle happened. Rather than playing oldies, 80's, or country, for a couple of hours, music I actually like was playing. 

It was magical.

They even played a new Owl City song (Shooting Star)!

And then, they played this song-


And here's what I realized:

I have heard this song probably close to a thousand times, and I am still not sick of it. 

I could listen to this song all day. 

I can't even listen to the same Owl City song that much and still love it the way I did the first time I heard it.

I can actual still remember hearing this song for the first time. I was sitting on my bed at our old house, writing in my journal, and I wrote down the words to the refrain because it really spoke to me. 

I'm falling apart
I'm barely breathing
with a broken heart
that's still beating
In the pain
there is healing
in Your name
I find meaning...

Amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment