Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Forgiveness

9/11, always, me, remember




Why is it important for us to remember 9/11? 

Because it hurt us. 

It is important that we do not ignore the suffering that this act of terrorism and violence caused. Thousands of people lost their lives on 9/11/01, and we honor their memory by praying for them and praying for their friends and families.

I think there are a lot of people who cannot forgive what happened on 9/11. I was almost seven years old on September 11, 2001, and I remember my mom explaining to me that someone had flown a plane into a building. I didn't fully understand, and, to be honest, it didn't really effect me. I lived in Iowa and didn't even know what terrorism was.

Now that I'm older, looking back on 9/11 makes me very sad, because I think about how, for many people, today marks 12 years of remembering a horrific tragedy in their lives. It's easier for me to forgive, because I wasn't directly hurt by it.

We have been forgiven by God, and therefore, have the power to forgive everyone who hurts us. Even, and especially, terrorists. I pray for all the victims, and all the survivors. We learned so much from 9/11, and we won't forget. But we must forgive. 




No comments:

Post a Comment