1. Boil water.
2. Procure eggs.
(I would like it to be stated that this was the first time I'd boiled an egg by myself in like 5 years)
3. Lower eggs into their (very) steamy bath. Assure them it will be fun.
They look all happy in there!
4. Remove eggs and let them all sit together for a while to cool off.
5. Gather dyes; in this case, three kinds of food coloring and one pack of Royal Blue Rit Dye.
6. Mix dye, starting with the blue.
7. Plunge the little suckers into their (very) blue bath!
8. Have the world's hardest time getting the eggs to dye different shades of blue because you only have the one pack of Rit dye.
9. Let them dry and set them aside as you continue to try and get the color lighter.
10. Procure a large glass vase and stack eggs from darkest to lightest.
Repeat steps 1-10 again, only this time, use orange!
Credit for this idea goes to Family Circle Magazine.
It's almost Easter, and I was assigned the joyous task of making a centerpiece. Hope you all have a wonderful Holy Week and have grown closer to God throughout Lent.
Happy Easter and God Bless!