Saturday, August 10, 2013

Long-Overdue Updates

Shame on me: 2 whole weeks since I last posted!

I feel terrible for neglecting this blog the way I have. I was sitting here, trying to think of something worthwhile to post about, and I realized there are a couple things I should do some recap on.

So...

1. NaNoWriMo! I am so pumped for this year. I have officially decided that, since I have already done/won three years in a row, I am going to aim for between 70k and 80k as a personal goal. Crazy, I know, but I'm excited. Flower and Thorn has a lot of potential to be an excellent story. I have, as of right now, found 'models' for my three main characters, and finally named a very important character. Unfortunately, I realized that I have a character who I was planning on naming Todd and a character who MUST be named Tom. I have to decide whether or not I can handle having a Todd and a Tom in the same story. These kinds of things are trivial, though; what's important is that I have asked God for the grace to have this story give glory to Him.

2.  My short play! As some of you may recall, it was titled 'Favorite Color' and was about a girl trying to describe color to a blind boy. I finished it and was extremely proud of it, and sent it off to Words Players in Rochester, MN. However, the Northland Words Community Theater has been in some financial struggles for years now, and they were finally seriously considering closing the theater down entirely. This, obviously, meant my play might never even receive consideration. However, the theater has received quite a bit of financial support and enthusiastic aid to keep its doors open, and they have decided to continue, even if at a smaller scale. As of right now, the short plays festival (which my play would be part of if they chose it) has been postponed. I haven't heard anything from the theater, but I'm keeping my hopes up. I love Words Players, and it would be an honor to have them perform my play.

Thanks for coming back to my blog - I will post more updates more often now, I promise!

Hope you enjoy this new week.

God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment