Friday, November 25, 2011

Gratitude


All too often I have forgotten that I am abundantly blessed.

I'm stressed out or can't sleep at night, or school is hard or work is exhausting, and all I can focus on is how horrible my life is.

Meanwhile, God is holding me in His arms.

He's looking down at me, listening to all my silent and not-so-silent complaints, my grumblings, my sorrows, my anger, my pettiness. He's holding me, stroking my hair, and all I do is complain.

I'm in His arms, and I don't even realize He's there. 

Than...

I'm happy and content, with friends or family or all by myself, eating ice cream, drawing or writing, basking in the little good things in life, and all I can focus on is how 'lucky' I am.

MeanwhileGod is holding me in His arms.

He's looking down at me, listening to all my silent and not-so-silent laughter, hopefulness, dreaming, loving, and joy. He's holding me, stroking my hair, and I don't even acknowledge Him.

I'm in His arms, and I don't even realize He's there.

Even when I am thankful for my blessings, I often forget Who it is that has blessed me.

Thank you, God. Thank you.

~ Happy Thanksgiving ~




No comments:

Post a Comment