Saturday, August 21, 2010

Goodbye, Bosco.

Today was hard.

Its hard to have your little brother knock on the door of your room and tell you the dog you've had and loved for nine years is dead.

I was not at all close to this dog (named Bosco) when he died. I was much closer to him a few years back, but as i got older, i went out to visit him in the yard less and less. I don't really regret this; it made it so, so, SO much easier. My sisters and brother who were all VERY close to this dog and loved him very much had a harder time. Not to say i'm not sad. I am. And i miss him.

I remember him as a little tiny puppy (well, as tiny as a great pyranese/border collie can get), and my mom and older sister took a little clock outside for him to sleep with to remind him of his mother's heartbeat. He was born on the same day as my brother, a year after, so he was the first dog my younger siblings ever really knew. He was the first dog i really, really, REALLY loved.

He was an angel. He protected our house and loved us. We loved him so much.

When we first realized our beloved doggy was probably dying about four days ago, at first i was mad at my parents for ever letting us have pets because they just die.

I guess now i know its worth it. Because even though all of us cried today because we loved him so much, it was because we. loved. him.

And that will always be worth it.

Bye, Bosco <3

2 comments:

  1. Awww... thank you, honey. That's sweet of you to say. I loved that big old angel like a brother. A big furry brother who really hated bathes. =)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...*sniff* i miss him but he had such a great life. <:-)

    ReplyDelete