Thursday, May 19, 2011

I Forgot To Dance


You know that uber-cheesy and cliche saying:

'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning how to dance in the rain.' ??

Awww! How sickeningly motivational!

And yet...kind of true.

Don't you hate that?

Isn't it just outside of enough that life would actually FIT one of those overused stereotypes?

*dies of shame*

But, anyway, there you go.

To put it in plain language and without any pussyfooting around, today really sucked.

A list. Because lists are fun.

1. I need summer shoes.

2. I need shorts.

3. I've gone to town TWICE this week already.

4. I got nothing.

5. I need a job.

6. I CAN'T FIND A JOB!!!

7. I want to go to Rome with my youth group in the winter, yet I'm really anxious about it...

8. ...because I'm short $1600+.

9. Emotional hysteria/breakdown.

10. SAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yet, I can't help but think right now, "Man. What if I had just let it all go, sobbed hysterically, and danced atrociously around the house, or even the store, just because I was feeling bad and deserve a little insanity???"

What if I had let myself trust and hope and not let these petty things get me so upset?

What if I had prayed instead of pouted?

What if I had counted my blessings rather than my needs?

What if I had written myself a sticky note that said in bold, red letters: RELAX!!!!!!

Worth pondering.

So I'll tie a figurative string around my finger, in hopes that the next time the torrential downpours of life decides to hover right over me, I'll remember to dance.

Or at least take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment