Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Both of Us

* Note: There is one cuss word in the first verse (completely unnecessary). Just wanted to give  you a heads up :)

I wish I was strong enough to lift not one, but both of us

I cannot even explain why I adore this song. 

I'm not really all that much of a country fan, and Taylor Swift is a mostly country artist. I like Taylor Swift, but only in moderation.

I don't ever listen to rap, and B.O.B. is a rap artist.

A few days ago I was listening to the local hodgepodge pop station, and this song came on. It started and I was like, "Ooh, it's Taylor Swift. Pretty!"

Then, out of the blue, this rapper comes in, and for a second I thought the station had very suddenly switched songs. 

Nope. Same song.

Today, my sister and I were sharing our favorite tunes on Youtube. Again, I wasn't looking for this song. We were listening to a song by The Script or something, and on the sidebar was this video. I said, "Oh, hey, I know this one!"

My sister thought I was nuts. She likes Taylor Swift, but she could not get over the rap.

Me? I think I've listened to it almost ten times since then. I am totally in love with it. It painted a story in my heart. I love it how a white country star and a black rapper could do a duet like this, and my favorite part is where they sing together. 

I literally started a novel based on this song; I don't know how far it'll go, but that's how much I love it.

It is absolutely beautiful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment