Monday, July 22, 2013

Cookies for Clare

Today I went to work for the first time in a week. 

I was scheduled 10-4, which was rather inconvenient for everyone (meaning myself and my parents) because, if I only worked later, my dad could pick me up and my mom wouldn't have to make an extra trip to town.

Well, without any effort or gumption on my part, I managed to pick up 3 extra hours and stay until 7! Go me! I was fine with that because it meant I got three breaks instead of one, which is always nice, especially when you aren't feeling 100%, anyway.

Apparently this was a much bigger deal to my parents than a realized, because when my dad heard I had managed to pick up hours, he told my mom to make me cookies.

And she did.

They are amazing.






Don't quote me, but I BELIEVE they are oatmeal chocolate chip. There appears to be coconut in them, too. Whatever is in them, they're just really, really good.

I think this is the first time anyone has made cookies for me personally.

Its a wonderful feeling. 

The cookies are also a perfect way to celebrate the fact that it is my feast day! Today is the feast of St. Mary Magdalene, who I chose as my confirmation saint!


I hope your week has gotten off to as great a start as mine. 



1 comment:

  1. You and your crummy pal over there look simply dashing together ;)
    ~squishii

    ReplyDelete