Sunday, September 5, 2010

On Smoothies, Lip Gloss, and Spending Wisely

Yesterday i was stupid.

McDonalds.

I saw a smoothie.

I wanted the smoothie.

I BOUGHT THAT SMOOTHIE WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT!!!

Meanwhile, my mother bought $1 ice cream cones for everyone else, but said if i wanted that expensive smoothie, i could buy it myself. As i previously stated, i went ahead and paid for it.

And than i went to buy that lip gloss i've been wanting FOREVER (Burt's Bees lip shimmer)...which ending up being twice as expensive as i thought it was.

But i bought it anyway.

THAN....i realized that i had just COMPLETELY blown my very important  fall/winter clothes budget.

We are going shopping NEXT FRIDAY, AND I COULDN'T HAVE SACRIFICED THE SMOOTHIE!?!?!?

AAAAAGGGGGH!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, i am extremely mad at myself. I now have only $13.60 to spend on jeans, leggings, hoodies, t-shirts, scarf, hat, gloves, and anything else i decide to buy on impulse.

Of course, this isn't my LAST CHANCE to buy these things...no, but i am still mad.

WHY couldn't i have just gotten an ice cream cone? There was more ice cream than smoothie, it was cheaper, i wouldn't have had to pay for it anyway, and FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE IT WAS A MCDONALDS SMOOTHIE WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?!?!?

*breathes deeply*

So, trying to be humble, i thanked God for a good lesson in spending money:

Don't buy it if mom is buying something for everything else unless it is really cheap.

Mm hm.

I still liked the smoothie. Strawberry banana. I've been dying to try them...but...

The smoothies i make at home are better. *is crabby*

I love that lip gloss. Its really nice. But did i REALLY need it? Was it worth the $5 i could have spent on shirts, socks, ANYTHING else???

Not really. And other lip gloss there was cheaper.

TO MY DEFENSE: I had thought the lip gloss was only $2.50, and that, plus the $2.50 for the smoothie, would have been five total.

But no. I ended up spending around $7.

And for me, broke, miserable me....thats a lot.

All in all, i was a moron.

Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment