Sunday, January 30, 2011

U.S. Figure Skating: !!!!!

I. LOVE. FIGURE. SKATING.

And pairs skating, and ice dancing.

And I got to watch a ton of it all yesterday and today!!! *SQUEE!!!*

I just LOVE watching all those crazy athletic men and women go out there and do something I would NEVER be able to do: Make art, and tell a story through movement.

Crazy, crazy awesome.

I have extraordinarily fond memories of figure skating when I was little.

We rooted for Sarah Hughes.

We loved Sasha Cohen.

And now there are all new people to scream and shout for, hoping they'll make it to the Olympics and win gold! YIPPEE!!!

When I was little, I wanted to do that. SO. MUCH.

My dad would take my sisters and I to the public indoor skating rink, and I would go around and around and around the rink, falling, squealing, and gazing enviously at the people who could skate backwards.

I wanted to be a figure skater.

Needless to say, it never happened. My parents didn't foster my dream (which is probably a good thing haha), entirely because I was a flake, and we didn't have enough money.

But that didn't take my love of the sport away. I sat for a full hour and a half today, watching Alissa Czisny take her victory and wanting so, SO badly for Ryan Bradley to win, because he was just AWESOME.

AND HE DID!!!! Yeehaw!

As you may have guessed, I am a little bit in love with this sport.

But, what can I say?

Its beautiful, its epic, and its inspiring! If you have never watched some guy land a quad before, may I please assure you it is NOT to be missed.

I love it. Being a fan of the sport is part of who I am, and I will never get tired of it : )

No comments:

Post a Comment