Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Angels and Heroes

Does this ever happen to you?

Scenario: You make a sculpture out of clay, but its all lopsided and funny, so you never bother to polish it up and send it through the fiery kiln to preserve it for life. Than, maybe hundreds of years later, you uncover this blob of clay while cleaning out your attic, and, lo and behold, it is just what you've been looking for to be the springboard of a new, fantastic idea!!

Ok, so that particular scenario has never happened to me.

However, I'm sure my loyal readers will recall WAY back in November when I lost my mind and decided to write that 50,000 word novel in a month for NaNoWriMo (note my NANOWRIMO WINNER! sticker to your immediate right....).

Yes, My Hero. I was fairly certain I was just going to leave that pile of junk in the attic to slowly starve (if not burn it straight off).

However, unexpectedly, something happened.

I got a new idea. One that would mold perfectly to the existing work done for My Hero!!

It has to do with a song, called Angels. Very moving and beautiful. And I often get story ideas from songs, but what was cool about THIS was that my original inspiration sparked by this, one of Owl City's newest songs, was incomplete. It was only half-formed and half-realized...just like My Hero.

It won't be easy to go through the hodge-podge document that is My Hero (hey, when you're speed writing, you tend to let things go!), but it will be SO fulfilling to watch two stories complete each other.

That sounds weirdly sappy and romance-novel-esque.

But its true!

So, here's to angels and heroes!

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment