Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Surplus of Strawberries


I'M BACK! I have just had the most amazing week of my life. I'm amazed I haven't exploded from overexposure to sheer awesomeness.

It was INCREDIBLE. I just attended a D-Week NET retreat, and it was the best experience of my life. I'm not kidding. There was praise. There was confession. There was adoration. There was laughing until you couldn't breathe. There was bawling hysterically. There were new friends and new experiences. There were old friends and bonding time! There as grandparents and hanging out with your big sister time! IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

But, there was one thing that stood out from the rest this week most prominently.

STRAWBERRIES.

No lie.

I had fresh strawberries two or three times for meals at the retreat.

Strawberry Popsicles twice...like, INTENSE strawberry Popsicles with real pieces of fruit!

Strawberry crepes at Baker's Square...and let me tell you, the strawberry crepes are hard core strawberry/whipped cream-ness.

Than, for some strange reason, I chose a STRAWBERRY milkshake at Dairy Queen.

I get home, and what are my siblings snacking on?

STRAWBERRIES.

They're haunting me.

It has all very much reminded me of the song Strawberry Avalanche by Owl City. Its creepy how much I feel like I'm LIVING this song out right now. :-/

So...hello again, blog world! Happy Strawberries! Hope you had a good strawberry!

I mean...

.......Oh, dear........

(picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment