Sunday, August 21, 2011

You Have Displaced the Mirth



Today, I had the great pleasure of seeing our local communities 'Shakespeare in the Park' performance of Macbeth.

It. Was. EPIC.

Words can't even begin to describe the epic saga that was experienced in those incredible two hours of sheer dramatic genius. Seriously, the HIGHLIGHT of my summer.


Macbeth and Lady Macbeth, Lady Macbeth admonishing her husband for his doubts about murdering the king.


My FAVORITE line: "You have displaced the mirth!" after only Macbeth can see the gory ghost of Banquo.


Macbeth goes to the three witches, demanded they show him his fate.


The three murderers attacking Macduff's wife and children.


Lady Macbeth in her sleeping anguish over her part in the many murders of Macbeth.


The final face-off between Macduff and Macbeth.


End of the play . . . "SCOTLAND!"


Cast final bows.


The whole thing was amazing. Start to finish, I was laughing, crying, cheering, terrified, anxious, moved, applauding. They did an incredible job, and we didn't even have to pay to see the fruits of their sweat, blood and tears. They went around with their caps at the end, collecting free will donations for their passion.

They truly did Shakespeare proud. 

The best part is . . . I GET TO READ THE WHOLE PLAY AGAIN FOR SCHOOL THIS YEAR!!

Yes!

1 comment:

  1. If Shakespeare didn't have the tendency to be so dreadfully confusing, I might read more of his plays. Lol. Actually, I did enjoy reading Macbeth in school. Downfall: Acting it out with the idiots in my class. :P

    ReplyDelete